Transportation stocks finished down 2.0% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.7%, the Nasdaq was down 0.9% and the S&P 500 declined 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is up 0.4% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is up 0.2% today.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is down 2.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is down 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is down 1.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is down 1.5% today and down 47.8% in the last month.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.