Transportation stocks finished down 2.0% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.7%, the Nasdaq was down 0.9% and the S&P 500 declined 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is up 0.4% today.
- Latam Airlines Group Sa (LFL): LFL stock is up 0.2% today.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is down 2.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is down 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is down 1.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is down 1.5% today and down 47.8% in the last month.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is down 1.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.