Transportation stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Teekay Shipping Corp (TK): TK stock is up 2.3% to a new 52-week high of $61.52.
- Dryships Inc (DRYS): DRYS stock is up 2.2% today.
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is up 1.7% to $48.78, near the 52-week high of $48.75.
- Hub Group (HUBG): HUBG stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $50.47.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacifico (PAC): PAC stock is up 1.4% to $69.02, near the 52-week high of $69.10.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is up 1.4% today.
- GATX Corp (GMT): GMT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 1.3% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 1.2% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is up 1.2% today.
Only one stock in the transportation sectors showed losses:
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.