Transportation stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 rose 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is up 2.5% to a new 52-week high of $47.37.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is up 0.9% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Taminco Corporation Common Stoc (TAM): TAM stock is up 0.8% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 0.8% to a new 52-week high of $63.63.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is up 0.6% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is up 0.4% to a new 52-week high of $114.52.
- Uti Worldwide Inc (UTIW): UTIW stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is down 49.4% to a new 52-week low of $102.08.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is down 1.0% today and down 25.7% in the last month.
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is down 0.9% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is down 0.5% today.
- Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc (RRTS): RRTS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.