Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 4.2% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 4.1% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.8% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 2.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 2.4% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 1.2% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 1.1% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is up 1.0% to a new 52-week high of $73.71.
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is down 0.9% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 1.2% today.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 0.2% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.