Utilities stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is up 6.1% to a new 52-week high of $56.06.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Black Hills Corp (BKH): BKH stock is up 0.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is up 1.3% today.
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is up 1.0% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is up 0.9% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 0.2% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 1.4% today.
- Western Gas Partners LP (WES): WES stock is down 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.