Utilities stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 2.2% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 0.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is up 0.6% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 0.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 9.1% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 1.2% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 1.6% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.