Utilities stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 2.2% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 0.9%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is up 0.6% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 0.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is down 9.1% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 1.2% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 1.6% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.