DRI Stock Sinks as Darden Disappoints Again
by Christopher Freeburn | June 20, 2014 12:17 pm
On Friday, Darden Restaurants (DRI) posted quarterly results that fell short of Wall Street forecasts, sending DRI stock down almost 3% in midday trading.
DRI stock slid after Darden reported a fiscal fourth-quarter profit of $86.5 million, down from $133.2 million in the year-ago period. Adjusted EPS came in at 84 cents per share, which missed the 94 cents that analysts had anticipated, the Associated Press notes.
Darden said revenue edged up to $2.32 billion, but that also fell narrowly below the $2.33 billion that Wall Street had expected.
DRI stock closed at $49.52 per share on Thursday.
More Stocks to Watch:
- KMX Stock Revs 17%+ Higher on CarMax Earnings Beat
- MEET: MeetMe Stock Soars on Analyst Coverage
- Amaya Gaming Makes $4.9B Bet on PokerStars
- GME: GameStop Announces Major PC Gaming Changes
- GOOG: YouTube to Buy Video Gaming Site Twitch in Huge $1B Deal
- Gaming News: Dying Light Delayed Until 2015
- DRI: /stock-quotes/DRI-stock-quote/
- that fell short of Wall Street forecasts: http://www.newser.com/article/d2bce87e13d74fcb9e119927956117a6/sales-at-olive-garden-red-lobster-slide-and-dardens-profit-tumbles-on-charges.html
- [Image]: http://investorplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Darden185.jpg
- KMX Stock Revs 17%+ Higher on CarMax Earnings Beat: http://investorplace.com/2014/06/kmx-stock-revs-17-higher-carmax-earnings-beat/
- MEET: MeetMe Stock Soars on Analyst Coverage: http://investorplace.com/2014/06/meet-meetme-stock-soars-analyst-coverage/
- Amaya Gaming Makes $4.9B Bet on PokerStars: http://investorplace.com/2014/06/amaya-gaming-pokerstars/
- GME: GameStop Announces Major PC Gaming Changes: http://investorplace.com/2014/05/gme-gamestop-pc-gaming/
- GOOG: YouTube to Buy Video Gaming Site Twitch in Huge $1B Deal: http://investorplace.com/2014/05/goog-youtube-video-gaming-site-twitch-1b-deal/
- Gaming News: Dying Light Delayed Until 2015: http://investorplace.com/2014/05/gaming-news-dying-light-delayed-2015/
Source URL: http://investorplace.com/2014/06/dri-stock-sinks-darden-disappoints/
Short URL: http://invstplc.com/1igbVpQ
Copyright ©2016 InvestorPlace Media, LLC. All rights reserved. 700 Indian Springs Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601.