Former Time Warner Cable (TWC) CEO Glenn Britt died of cancer at age 65.
Glenn Britt was named CEO in 2001 and he spent over a decade in charge of the company, stepping down on December 31, 2013. The former Time Warner Cable CEO lost his second battle with melanoma — a type of skin cancer — five years after beating the disease.
“We were guided for many years by his strong belief that a company must be willing to reinvent itself to be successful,” Time Warner Cable CEO Rob Marcus said in a statement. “He will long be remembered for his thoughtful and steady leadership through rapidly changing times in the communications field.”
TWC stock is down about 0.9% Wednesday afternoon.
More CEO News:
- Peter Hancock Has Been Named as the New AIG CEO
- Long-Time Employee David Abney to Become New UPS CEO
- CEO Fires 15 Over GM Ignition Switch Recall Mess
- Cha-Ching! American Realty $94M CEO Pay Plan Raises Eyebrows
- Splunk CEO Sells Nearly $1M in SPLK Stock