Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is up 1.5% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 1.5% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 1.1% today and up 21.7% in the last month.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is up 0.9% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 1.5% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 1.4% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is down 1.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 1.0% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.