Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street so far on Thursday, down 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 4.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 2.0% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 1.9% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 2.0% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.7% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Encore Wire Corp (WIRE): WIRE stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.9% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is down 1.9% to a new 52-week low of $14.23.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is down 1.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is down 1.3% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Rockwood Holdings (ROC): ROC stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 1.0% today.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is down 1.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.