Basic materials stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 4.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is up 3.5% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is up 3.4% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 3.3% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 3.2% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 3.2% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 3.0% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 2.9% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 0.3% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 0.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is down 0.2% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.