Basic materials stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 4.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is up 3.5% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is up 3.4% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 3.3% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 3.2% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 3.2% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 3.0% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 2.9% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 0.3% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 0.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is down 0.2% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.