Basic materials stocks fell 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 3.1% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 2.5% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 1.5% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.6% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 3.3% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 1.6% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is down 1.4% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 1.6% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.3% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.