Basic materials stocks declined 0.9% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.6%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 fell 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 3.7% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 0.4% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 0.4% to a new 52-week high of $47.56.
- Om Group (OMG): OMG stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Plum Creek Timber Company (PCL): PCL stock is up 0.3% today.
- Wd-40 Company (WDFC): WDFC stock is up 0.2% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 0.2% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 0.2% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 4.2% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 3.8% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 3.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is down 3.1% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 2.9% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is down 2.8% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 2.7% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.5% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.