Basic materials stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 3.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 2.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 2.4%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $52.21.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 2.0% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 1.8% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.6% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 1.5% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.