Basic materials stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 3.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 2.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 2.4%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $52.21.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 1.7% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 2.0% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 1.8% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.6% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 1.5% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is down 1.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.