Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Monday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 6.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is up 3.1% to a new 52-week high of $210.32.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is up 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 1.1% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Praxair (PX): PX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 2.7% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 2.0% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 1.9% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 1.7% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 1.8% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is down 1.4% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 1.7% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.4% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is down 2.1% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 1.3% to a new 52-week low of $42.84.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.