Capital goods stocks fell 0.1% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq was down 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is up 4.0% to a new 52-week high of $121.91.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Raytheon Company (RTN): RTN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is up 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is up 0.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): CAT stock is up 1.0% today.
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB): ORB stock is up 0.5%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is up 0.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is down 49.7% today and down 47.9% in the last month.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is down 3.7% today.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is down 3.7% to a new 52-week low of $33.01.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is down 2.7% today.
- Cubic Corp (CUB): CUB stock is down 2.6% to a new 52-week low of $44.62.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is down 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Masco Corp (MAS): MAS stock is down 1.7% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is down 1.9% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 1.3% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.