Consumer cyclical stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Skechers U.S.A. (SKX): SKX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Dana Holding Corp (DAN): DAN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Select Comfort Corp (SCSS): SCSS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Konami Corp (KNM): KNM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Jarden Corp (JAH): JAH stock is up 1.9% today.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA): TSLA stock is up 1.9% today.
- Steven Madden (SHOO): SHOO stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dunkin’ Brands Group Inc (DNKN): DNKN stock is up 1.6% today.
- General Motors Company (GM): GM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT): GT stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM): COLM stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gildan Activewear (GIL): GIL stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- W.W. Grainger (GWW): GWW stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.