Consumer cyclical stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 rose 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Under Armour (UA): UA stock is up 2.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Drew Industries Inc (DW): DW stock is up 2.4% today.
- Herman Miller (MLHR): MLHR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Hillenbrand Inc (HI): HI stock is up 2.3% today.
- Nortek Inc (NTK): NTK stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT): GT stock is up 1.8% to a new 52-week high of $26.82.
- Tenneco Automotive (TEN): TEN stock is up 1.6% to a new 52-week high of $65.84.
- Johnson Controls (JCI): JCI stock is up 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Clarcor Inc (CLC): CLC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Pool Corp (POOL): POOL stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- General Motors Company (GM): GM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Michael Kors Holdings Limited (KORS): KORS stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- LKQ Corp (LKQ): LKQ stock is down 0.3% today.
- Magna International (MGA): MGA stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.