Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO): AGRO stock is up 1.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Post Holdings Inc. (POST): POST stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 1.4% today.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $89.82.
- Boston Beer Company (SAM): SAM stock is up 0.9% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU): CCU stock is up 0.8% today.
- The Andersons (ANDE): ANDE stock is up 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Conagra Foods (CAG): CAG stock is up 0.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Church & Dwight Company (CHD): CHD stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.