Energy stocks remained flat on Wednesday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 2.5% to a new 52-week high of $21.62.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is up 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is up 0.8% to a new 52-week high of $50.21.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 0.9% today.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is down 3.1% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd (AAV): AAV stock is down 1.3% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is down 1.3% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 1.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.