Energy stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is up 1.6% today.
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is up 1.2% to $40.39, near the 52-week high of $40.43.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Natural Resource Partners LP (NRP): NRP stock is up 0.2% today.
- Ev Energy Partners L.P. (EVEP): EVEP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is up 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is up 0.8% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 2.4% today.
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is down 1.8% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd (AAV): AAV stock is down 1.0% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is down 0.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is down 0.6% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Eni S.P.A. (E): E stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.