Energy stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 7.6% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 4.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is up 3.5% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 2.7% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 2.7% to a new 52-week high of $42.83.
- Penn Virginia Corp (PVA): PVA stock is up 2.6% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Camac Energy Inc (CAK): CAK stock is up 2.6% today and up 27.0% in the last month.
- Northern Oil and Gas (NOG): NOG stock is up 2.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 3.6% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 3.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is down 2.8% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Memorial Production Partners LP (MEMP): MEMP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Kinder Morgan Management Llc (KMR): KMR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 0.9% today and down 51.9% in the last month.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.