Financial stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 3.2% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 3.0% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is up 2.5% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 2.3% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 2.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Broadridge Financial Solutions Llc (BR): BR stock is up 2.2% to a new 52-week high of $42.13.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $50.18.
- Federated Investors (FII): FII stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- The Carlyle Group L.P. (CG): CG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 1.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Calamos Convertible and High (CHY): CHY stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hilltop Holdings Inc (HTH): HTH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is down 1.1% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is down 0.9% today.
- General Electric Company (GE): GE stock is down 0.9% today.
- Beneficial Mutual Bancorp (BNCL): BNCL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Boston Private Financial Holdings (BPFH): BPFH stock is down 0.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.