Healthcare stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.7%, the Nasdaq fell 0.9% and the S&P 500 was down 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- C.R. Bard (BCR): BCR stock is up 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is up 0.8% today.
- Techne Corp (TECH): TECH stock is up 0.9% today.
- Magellan Health Services (MGLN): MGLN stock is up 0.7% to a new 52-week high of $62.05.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is up 0.5% today.
- Hanger Orthopedic Group (HGR): HGR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR): VAR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is down 2.4% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is down 1.6% today.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is down 1.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cooper Companies (COO): COO stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.