Healthcare stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is up 1.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Techne Corp (TECH): TECH stock is up 1.2% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 1.2% today and up 29.9% in the last month.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is up 1.0% to $40.53, near the 52-week high of $40.49.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 0.9% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 0.9% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is up 0.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): JNJ stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $104.10.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is down 1.6% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is down 1.6% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 1.6%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Cardinal Health (CAH): CAH stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.