Healthcare stocks remained flat on Thursday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 2.9% today and up 47.2% in the last month.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is up 2.5% today.
- Medtronic Inc (MDT): MDT stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Covidien Plc. (COV): COV stock is up 1.4% today and up 30.6% in the last month.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 0.7% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is up 0.9% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is up 1.0% today.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 3.6% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is down 2.0% today.
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is down 1.9% today.
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR): AEGR stock is down 2.4% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 1.7% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 1.5% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.