Healthcare stocks rose 0.1% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 rose 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is up 2.9% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is up 1.2% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 0.9% today and up 22.6% in the last month.
- Davita Healthcare Partners Inc (DVA): DVA stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Forest Laboratories (FRX): FRX stock is up 0.8% today.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is up 0.7% today.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): JNJ stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Icon Plc (ICLR): ICLR stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is down 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is down 2.4% today.
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is down 1.8% today.
- Steris Corp (STE): STE stock is down 1.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is down 1.5% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 1.4% today.
- Hanger Orthopedic Group (HGR): HGR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is down 1.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.