Services stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 rose 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Express Inc (EXPR): EXPR stock is up 3.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Charter Communications (CHTR): CHTR stock is up 2.8% to a new 52-week high of $147.15.
- Men’s Wearhouse (MW): MW stock is up 2.2% today.
- Discovery Communications Inc (DISCK): DISCK stock is up 2.2% today.
- Mattress Firm Holding Corp (MFRM): MFRM stock is up 2.2% today.
- Commonwealth REIT (CWH): CWH stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cedar Fair L.P. (FUN): FUN stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tanger Factory Outlet Centers (SKT): SKT stock is up 1.9% today.
- On Assignment (ASGN): ASGN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Liberty Global (LBTYK): LBTYK stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- United States Cellular Corp (USM): USM stock is down 2.8% today.
- Telephone and Data Systems (TDS): TDS stock is down 2.2% today.
- G&K Services (GK): GK stock is down 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- US Ecology (ECOL): ECOL stock is down 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Crown Media Holdings (CRWN): CRWN stock is down 2.0% today.
- Tetra Tech (TTEK): TTEK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (CCO): CCO stock is down 1.7% today.
- China Telecom Corp Ltd (CHA): CHA stock is down 1.7% today.
- Dolby Laboratories (DLB): DLB stock is down 1.6% today.
- Stantec Inc (STN): STN stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.