Transportation stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Heartland Express (HTLD): HTLD stock is up 2.9% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 2.3% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is up 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is up 1.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 1.5% today.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS): HOS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Only one stock in the transportation sectors showed losses:
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is down 0.2% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.