Transportation stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 3.2% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 2.2% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 2.1% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 2.2% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 1.6% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is up 0.9% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 0.8% today.
- Mobile Mini (MINI): MINI stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is down 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Gulfmark Offshore (GLF): GLF stock is down 0.8% today.
- Golar Lng Limited (GLNG): GLNG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is down 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Knight Transportation (KNX): KNX stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.