Transportation stocks finished flat on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 2.6% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is up 2.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG): STNG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is up 0.7% today.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is up 0.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is up 0.7% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 0.6%, marking the 10th consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Pacifico (PAC): PAC stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is down 0.7% today.
- Gulfmark Offshore (GLF): GLF stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- United Parcel Service (UPS): UPS stock is down 0.4% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is down 0.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.