Utilities stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 2.8% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is up 2.8% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 2.3% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 2.3% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 2.1% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $24.21.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 1.9% to a new 52-week high of $45.84.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 1.9% today.
Only one stock in the utilities sectors showed losses:
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.