Utilities stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.1%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 2.5% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $78.17.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 0.7% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.7%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.5% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is down 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.