Utilities stocks fell on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 0.5% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 0.2% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is up 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 0.5% today.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is up 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is down 2.6% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 0.9% today.
- UniSource Energy Corp (UNS): UNS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 0.6% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.