Utilities stocks declined 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq climbed 0.2% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is up 0.3% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is up 0.3% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is up 0.2% today.
- Empire District Electric Company (EDE): EDE stock is up 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 0.1% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 0.1%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Portland General Electric Company (POR): POR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is down 0.8% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is down 0.8% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is down 0.7% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is down 0.7% today.
- Atmos Energy Corp (ATO): ATO stock is down 0.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.