Utilities stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 20.4% today and up 32.7% in the last month.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is up 1.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 1.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 1.4% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $38.81.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.3% to a new 52-week high of $57.84.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.2% to a new 52-week high of $56.92.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 4.5% today on 4 times normal volume.
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 0.7% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is down 0.4% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is down 0.2% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.