Among the WWE superstars released on Thursday were Drew McIntyre, Jinder Mahal, Curt Hawkins, Theodore Long, Camacho, Brodus Clay, Evan Bourne, Yoshi Tatsu and referee Marc Harris. WWE Diva Aksana was also released. The releases come as the WWE has recently added a number of new independent wrestlers to its roster.
In a statement posted on its website announcing the wrestling superstar releases, WWE said it “wishes them the best in all their future endeavors.”
WWE stock climbed more than 1% in Thursday midday trading. WWE stock closed on Wednesday at $11.25 per share.
More WWE News:
- WWE Signs Deal for 6 Action Movies
- Check Out the Release Dates for WWE 2K15
- WWE Stock Is Smacked Down After NBC Deal
- WWE Extreme Rules 2014: Results and Highlights
- WWE Stock Takes Hit After Tough Earnings
- WWE News: The Ultimate Warrior Is Dead at 54
- WWE News: Ultimate Warrior Cause of Death Revealed