Basic materials stocks remained flat on Wednesday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 3.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Air Products and Chemicals (APD): APD stock is up 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.3% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.1% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 3.8% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is down 1.6% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 1.6% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is down 1.1% today.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.