Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street on Tuesday, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.6%, the Nasdaq was down 1.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 2.4% today and up 22.8% in the last month.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 2.2% today and up 24.9% in the last month.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 2.1% today.
- H. B. Fuller Company (FUL): FUL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.2% today and up 28.0% in the last month.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 1.2% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 1.0% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $33.54.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 0.9% to a new 52-week high of $10.19.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 1.9% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is down 1.4% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is down 1.4% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 1.4% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 1.3% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.