Basic materials stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Rockwood Holdings (ROC): ROC stock is up 13.1% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is up 2.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 2.6% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 2.5% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 2.2% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 2.1% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is down 1.2% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is down 1.0% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Aurico Gold Inc (AUQ): AUQ stock is down 1.0% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.