Capital goods stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Altra Holdings (AIMC): AIMC stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 1.8% today.
- Empresas Ica Soc Contrladora (ICA): ICA stock is up 1.7% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $111.22.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $47.39.
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Lindsay Corp (LNN): LNN stock is up 1.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is down 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is down 0.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.