Capital goods stocks declined on Wall Street on Thursday, down 1.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.1%, the Nasdaq was down 1.3% and the S&P 500 fell 1.1%.
Only one stock in the capital goods sectors showed gains:
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Tutor Perini Corp (TPC): TPC stock is down 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is down 2.7% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is down 2.6% today.
- The Middleby Corp (MIDD): MIDD stock is down 2.5% today and down 69.4% in the last month.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Flir Systems (FLIR): FLIR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is down 2.3% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 2.2% today.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc (Ireland) (IR): IR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Pentair Ltd (PNR): PNR stock is down 2.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.