Consumer noncyclical stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.0%, the Nasdaq increased 1.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Herbalife Ltd (HLF): HLF stock is up 1.7% today.
- J & J Snack Foods (JJSF): JJSF stock is up 1.6% today.
- Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. De C.V. (FMX): FMX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Lancaster Colony Corp (LANC): LANC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Altria Group (MO): MO stock is up 1.4% today.
- Mccormick & Company Inc (MKC): MKC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Mondelez International Inc. Cl A (MDLZ): MDLZ stock is up 1.3% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM): SAFM stock is up 1.2% today.
Only one stock in the consumer noncyclical sectors showed losses:
- Usana Health Sciences Inc (USNA): USNA stock is down 0.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.