Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is up 8.2% today.
- Apache Corp (APA): APA stock is up 4.2% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 5.1% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 3.7% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is up 2.9% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 2.9% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is up 2.3% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 2.3% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is up 1.9% today.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is down 2.4% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Goodrich Petroleum Corp (GDP): GDP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Penn Virginia Corp (PVA): PVA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Key Energy Services (KEG): KEG stock is down 0.9% today and down 22.1% in the last month.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is down 0.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.