Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 3.6% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 2.1% to a new 52-week high of $29.98.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is up 0.2% to a new 52-week high of $54.75.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is up 1.3% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 1.8% to a new 52-week high of $35.56.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 5.9% today.
- Ev Energy Partners L.P. (EVEP): EVEP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 1.2% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Qr Energy LP (QRE): QRE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is down 0.2% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.