Financial stocks declined 0.5% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 7.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 4.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 4.0% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 3.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is up 3.4% today.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is up 1.8% today.
- Beneficial Mutual Bancorp (BNCL): BNCL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 1.4% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 1.4% today.
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD): AMTD stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is down 4.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is down 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd (ENH): ENH stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is down 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is down 2.0% today.
- Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd (PTP): PTP stock is down 1.8% today.
- Renaissancere Holdings Ltd (RNR): RNR stock is down 1.7% today.
- The Hanover Insurance Group (THG): THG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Allied World Assurance Company (AWH): AWH stock is down 1.7% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.